Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Miss Fritz Knits!


I have become a little bit fascinated with knitting. In fact, this new obsession has allowed me to re-discover certain things about myself. We should avoid labels, and this applies to ourselves, as well.

It is okay to scrapbook. That is something I do, and I enjoy it. I love working with my hands. Even if I am not exceptionally gifted artistically, it is nice to 'grow' something of my own, and watch it unfold. I think this is what started me on my quest of knitting.

I've never knit before. When I was a little girl, I would watch my grandmother crochet, but never succeeded on my own. As I peruse the many sites dedicated to knitters and see the Stitch n' Bitch books at the bookstore, I'm a bit enthralled. Here are a group of people making a very old, very quiet pastime something...COOL!

So, I've taught myself to knit. And may I say?...This is utterly Zen. Knitting is Zen. No wonder so many are hooked (pune-or play on words). The repetitive motion, the loss of directed thought, the self-awareness and un-awareness of how the hands work in harmony with little direction. Knitting is a different kind of Zen from motorcycling, where one is open to the present. Knitting is the seclusion of the soul, and the wonder of its quietness, trapped within flesh and bones.

Slowly, the yarn blossoms, and something is stitched out of nothing.

Sidenote: I will never purchase acrylic yarn again. It sucks.


Delilah is the proverbial cat with yarn.
Written by FRITZ
| Link | 15 wise cracks! |



Name: Fritz

Location: Detroit Rock City!
Where the weak are killed and eaten

Click here to find out
even more!



What My Brain is Eating
  • eatpraylove
  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nukes524. Make your own badge here.

    What I Live By:
    We shall not cease from exploration And the end of all our exploring Will be to arrive where we started And know the place for the first time. Through the unknown, unremembered gate When the last of earth left to discover Is that which was the beginning; At the source of the longest river The voice of the hidden waterfall And the children in the apple-tree Not known, because not looked for But heard, half-heard, in the stillness Between two waves of the sea. Quick now, here, now, always— A condition of complete simplicity (Costing not less than everything) And all shall be well and All manner of thing shall be well When the tongues of flame are in-folded Into the crowned knot of fire And the fire and the rose are one. -T.S. Eliot "Little Gidding"

    I Heart Tits

    HNT_1

    Blogarama - The Blogs Directory