Friday, August 12, 2005
Is it True? Please tell me it isn't So.

I'm a rebel. I AM a rebel. Yeah, I know. I work for the Man and have natural colored hair, but I still have more tattoos than Britney Spears and Paris Hilton put together, and I listen to angry music. I even go for some thrash metal from time to time, if the mood is right.

Things have recently been calming down. I moved from my funky studio loft apartment to a two bedroom traditional place with my boyfriend. We like to shop at Ikea. From time to time, we drive through Atlanta on Sundays. We don't like the way teenagers are dressing anymore, and when asking a seventeen year old if he really DID like the Ramones the way his T-Shirt proclaimed, he said, "Who are the Ramones?". I'm wearing more dresses to work and haven't quite figured out if I can get away with a lip peircing at work of if I should just start quoting "Bowling for Columbine"over and over.

My reading interests have veered away from Jack Kerouac to Sue Monk Kidd. Of course, I still like my classics. But I find myself glancing at 'US Weekly' more often, when I shop at Publix for lean chicken and vegetable medlies. I don't like the fact that the Supreme Court passed a law that allows government to take private property away from owners in order to put up malls and over-priced condos. I'm pretty sure I'm anti-death penalty and I'm very sure that a woman has a choice...but I wouldn't choose abortion. I want the right to smoke protected, and I want to make sure kids have good educations. I don't want to worry about endless sales at Sears...but I'm flipping through the catalog recently.

I don't like it when people have excuses for their lives--when everyone can get out and suffer and sweat a little bit. But I don't like it when people don't have mercy on the homeless or the addict. I don't like the fact that most teenagers have much nicer cars than I do, and plenty of people who don't work are still finding money to fill up their S.U.V.s and drive about listening to loud music. I think Ralph Nader shot his foot off in the last election, and I've lost all my respect for him.

I think people should riot more often, but riot peacefully. I don't think Christianity is the only religion, but I think everyone should have a religion. I hate Bush and everything he stands for, except in a few years, he might stand for some of the same things I do...

Just tell me: am I still a rebel? Or is it true? Do we all become calm, moderate laborers when we were sparks of liberty before? God, grant me the strength to remain myself: crazy, funny, rebellious, and strong. Don't let me get swept in the tide of mediocrity. And please don't let my idea of a good day become taking Suzy and Bobbi to soccer practice in my American S.U.V. before going to tennis and yoga lessons.

My good days, hopefully, will remain those spent on the dirty streets of some city, feeling the grit beneath my feet and smelling the scents of a collage of people. My good days will be art galleries, coffees, cigarettes, and walks at midnight. Graveyard slumming and picture taking.

Please let that be so.
Written by FRITZ
| Link | 10 wise cracks! |



Name: Fritz

Location: Detroit Rock City!
Where the weak are killed and eaten

Click here to find out
even more!



What My Brain is Eating
  • eatpraylove
  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nukes524. Make your own badge here.

    What I Live By:
    We shall not cease from exploration And the end of all our exploring Will be to arrive where we started And know the place for the first time. Through the unknown, unremembered gate When the last of earth left to discover Is that which was the beginning; At the source of the longest river The voice of the hidden waterfall And the children in the apple-tree Not known, because not looked for But heard, half-heard, in the stillness Between two waves of the sea. Quick now, here, now, always— A condition of complete simplicity (Costing not less than everything) And all shall be well and All manner of thing shall be well When the tongues of flame are in-folded Into the crowned knot of fire And the fire and the rose are one. -T.S. Eliot "Little Gidding"

    I Heart Tits

    HNT_1

    Blogarama - The Blogs Directory