Tuesday, October 04, 2005

(Nota Bena: This post is not meant to offend anyone, Christian or not. This is simply a meditation of the sacrifice of women).
De Profundis clamavi ad te Domine [Out of the depths I have cried to thee, O God]
(my souls weeps for you, O God)
Ad te Domine clamabo Deus meus ne sileas a me nequando taceas a me et adsimilabor descendentibus in lacum [Unto thee will I cry, O Lord: O my God, be not thou silent to me: lest thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.]
(to the pit, I will go without Thee).

When I was seventeen, I belonged to an Evensong chorus.
Evensong takes place on Sunday, at dusk, as the light fades from the day.
The entire service is chanted, mostly in Latin.
There is no priest.
There is no mass.
There is only the single Vocem of soprano, alto, tenor, bass
and the rushing of consonants, repeated over and over
in meditation.
We were a ragtag group.
Maybe nine in total, and while I've never been
a solo singer, never been a star of any type,
there I was, amongst some of the finest voices my ears have ever heard
in a chapel lit by candles,
and lo, I heard my voice, my own voice,
lilting in sadness and repentance,
growing and lifting like a dove up to heaven,
and I sung
'Now the day is o'er, night is drawing nigh.
Shadows of the evening steal across the sky."
and the Magnificat
"My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit
rejoices in God my Savior."

Now, I listen to Salve Regina, thinking of the Queen of Heaven,
and remember her sacrifice for us, the women, and wonder
as a girl, did she sit in the cool desert at evening
and lift her voice to God, full of Life and Spirit?
Did she sing alone or with others? And did her voice,
that sweet, unfettered, virgin voice--
did it carry to God's ears?
Did He remember her?

I have not sung in years. I have not sung in years.
Oh, Misere Mei.
Have mercy.
I have not sung in years
Written by FRITZ
| Link | 6 wise cracks! |



Name: Fritz

Location: Detroit Rock City!
Where the weak are killed and eaten

Click here to find out
even more!



What My Brain is Eating
  • eatpraylove
  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nukes524. Make your own badge here.

    What I Live By:
    We shall not cease from exploration And the end of all our exploring Will be to arrive where we started And know the place for the first time. Through the unknown, unremembered gate When the last of earth left to discover Is that which was the beginning; At the source of the longest river The voice of the hidden waterfall And the children in the apple-tree Not known, because not looked for But heard, half-heard, in the stillness Between two waves of the sea. Quick now, here, now, always— A condition of complete simplicity (Costing not less than everything) And all shall be well and All manner of thing shall be well When the tongues of flame are in-folded Into the crowned knot of fire And the fire and the rose are one. -T.S. Eliot "Little Gidding"

    I Heart Tits

    HNT_1

    Blogarama - The Blogs Directory