Tuesday, October 25, 2005
Dear Mrs. Parks
Dear Mrs. Parks:
On behalf of all marginalized people, I write to wish you farewell. On behalf of all the sad, degenerate, and forgotten, I write to wish you thanks. For all the suffering and lost, I write to wish you Godspeed on your journey.
I am sure you will be able to sit wherever you would like.
In a time of great peril, such as this, when the politically immoral have risen to seats of power, I thank you for that day on the bus in Montgomery. I thank you for saying, simply, "No. I will not move from this seat." In those words, little did you know, you channeled Gandhi and sat peacefully until you were arrested.
When you were arrested, you asked the officer, "Why do you push us around?" He replied, "I don't know, except that it is the law." You had the heart to go against a law harmful to your people. You did not behave; no, you rebelled. Thank you.
A particular pastor caught wind of this rebellion, Mrs. Parks. He called it a movement. He brought the people down and said, "I have a dream that it won't be like this anymore. I have a dream that women will not have to sacrifice their seats, their children, their hopes because of their color. I have a dream that we all can look at one another without fear, and love each other." His dream, Mrs. Parks, is what we strive for, still. His dream was ignited by your simple statement. "No."
Throughout the years, you never spoke loudly. You never screamed or twisted your face with anger and rage. You never acted anything but like a lady. You claimed your dignity and wore it as a crown. You have taught me many lessons. Thank you.
In this next journey that you take, I know you will smile with peace and gratitude. I know you will always be a lady. I know you will be asked to commune with the saints. And you may, but you will be quiet, respectful. You will drink in the beauty of your world with all the silent pride you can muster, and you will be forever honored.
May you always be remembered to us, Mrs. Parks. May we teach our children of your message, and tell them when it is good and righteous to say, "No." May we hold your standards up as rule, and treat one another with kindness, respect, and dignity. That way, a Dream can be realized. And we can all sit exactly where we want.
Sincerely,
The World.

Rosa Parks February 4, 1913-October 25, 2005
Written by FRITZ
| Link | 25 wise cracks! |



Name: Fritz

Location: Detroit Rock City!
Where the weak are killed and eaten

Click here to find out
even more!



What My Brain is Eating
  • eatpraylove
  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nukes524. Make your own badge here.

    What I Live By:
    We shall not cease from exploration And the end of all our exploring Will be to arrive where we started And know the place for the first time. Through the unknown, unremembered gate When the last of earth left to discover Is that which was the beginning; At the source of the longest river The voice of the hidden waterfall And the children in the apple-tree Not known, because not looked for But heard, half-heard, in the stillness Between two waves of the sea. Quick now, here, now, always— A condition of complete simplicity (Costing not less than everything) And all shall be well and All manner of thing shall be well When the tongues of flame are in-folded Into the crowned knot of fire And the fire and the rose are one. -T.S. Eliot "Little Gidding"

    I Heart Tits

    HNT_1

    Blogarama - The Blogs Directory